Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
A collaboration of developers have announced The Triple-i Initiative, a 45-minute showcase event featuring world premieres, exclusive gameplay, demos, and drops from some of the top independent creators in games. It will take place on April 10 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, bilibili, IGN, and Steam.

The showcase will feature “major announcements and reveals” for over 30 games from the studios such as Evil Empire (Dead Cells), Mega Crit (Slay the Spire), Red Hook Studios (Darkest Dungeon), Heart Machine (Hyper Light Drifter), poncle (Vampire Survivors), and many more. It promises to be a “no-nonsense digital showcase featuring blockbuster indie titles, all streamed in under one hour to respect players’ and studios’ time.”

“We felt a need for a showcase that highlights wildly different indie games but that have one thing in common; they resonate with millions of players around the world,” said Evil Empire marketing director Berenger Dupre in a press release. “Since using letters seems to be the trend in the industry, we figured that adding a couple of i’s to indie was a fair way to describe this new format. Also, triple-i just sounds cool.”

Just call it I3. It's staring you straight in the face. I like what this is going for, but the naming convention came out of a fever dream.

Reactions: cm2
Back