Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Reactions: cm2
I remember using the PS1 memory card to save games, and exploring the memory card's save content. Thanks for sharing the PS1 Memory card poster.

Has anyone bothered with the PS1 classic console that came out? The line up looked pretty poor. I wondered if anyone had an opinion on quality. Was there an option to add more games to it?

Has anyone bothered with the PS1 classic console that came out? The line up looked pretty poor. I wondered if anyone had an opinion on quality. Was there an option to add more games to it?
There is a way to add more games to it, but it’s all loaded through a flash drive.

I’ve had one since launch, and even after hacking it, it’s meh.

Strangely they picked a bunch of PAL versions of games so they play a bit slower, not a clue why. I had one, it really wasn't great but if you can mod it, it's probably worth it.

man, I remember some of those icons.... those were the days. Friday nights into Saturday, no homework from school, played ps1 games after doing chores... simple yet fun times!

If you can pick one up for a decent price and mod it, it is alright. But at face value.. they messed up pretty bad with it.

Lack of quality games.. some games in PAL mode, and essentially just taking an open source project and slapping some paint on it... makes it a major disappointment.

I think the main reason why the Genesis and NES/SNES mini works so well was a mix between licensing, and most owners owning similar libraries of games.

A large chunk of the memorable games for the Genesis and NES/SNES minis were owned by either Sega or Nintendo, so it didn’t take a lot of effort to put some of your memorable games on those consoles.

The PlayStation relied a lot on third parties, so when you name drop your favorite games, a lot of them are from varying developers. Then you overlap that with how varied everyone’s PS1 library was compared to the Genesis and NES/SNES owners’ libraries that had a ton of overlapping games.

I think the main reason why the Genesis and NES/SNES mini works so well was a mix between licensing, and most owners owning similar libraries of games.

A large chunk of the memorable games for the Genesis and NES/SNES minis were owned by either Sega or Nintendo, so it didn’t take a lot of effort to put some of your memorable games on those consoles.

The PlayStation relied a lot on third parties, so when you name drop your favorite games, a lot of them are from varying developers. Then you overlap that with how varied everyone’s PS1 library was compared to the Genesis and NES/SNES owners’ libraries that had a ton of overlapping games.
That is a very true and fair point. With that said, if they really wanted this to work out well like the other ones, they should have put more effort and money.

Modding it is easy enough though, so you can get whatever you want with some effort.

That is a very true and fair point. With that said, if they really wanted this to work out well like the other ones, they should have put more effort and money.

Modding it is easy enough though, so you can get whatever you want with some effort.
Maybe it’s just me, but if you have to mod something to make it good, that shows how poor of a product the base product was.

Modding the other minis were more of “I want to add more games” as opposed to “I need to mod this to add games I’ll actually play, or make the PAL games run in NTSC mode”

Maybe it’s just me, but if you have to mod something to make it good, that shows how poor of a product the base product was.

Modding the other minis were more of “I want to add more games” as opposed to “I need to mod this to add games I’ll actually play, or make the PAL games run in NTSC mode”
100% agreed.

Back